10 for Tuesday 5 Jan
I don’t know if I want to make this a resolution (I break them like crazy), but I would really like to get the blogging thing done more often this year in 2010. Maybe this will be easier if I have a set thing I do once a week, so here is the start of "10 for Tuesday." It’ll just be a random little list of 10 things I’ve been thinking about or doing lately.
I gotta start slow with these things, so let’s just ease on into this. Maybe eventually I will turn this into a hybrid list of stuff and gratitudes.
1. Tried New Manhattan coffee at Philz because I wanted something different from the usual Tesora or It’z the Best. New Manhattan was okay, but I think I still like the regulars more.
2. Decided to work my way down the list at Philz and slowly try all the different coffees they have.
3. Bonded over bike commuting with a total stranger at a work seminar. Funny how bikes bring people together.
4. Learned that an acquaintance’s relative was killed by the light rail in downtown San Jose. Those things move so slowly that I never thought they could kill people, but apparently they can.
5. Almost done learning hiragana via realkana.com. I’ve been adding one column of practice a day and trying to do at least 150 correct in a row. I learn this stuff best by brute force repetition and it’s working pretty well so far.
6. Renewed my daily food diary effort and am making sure to write everything down consistently.
7. Haven’t gotten any faster on my bike commute, but I do feel less winded and it’s become a lot easier in general.
8. Got my Philz in with J today and it was very good. We talked about making retarded babies, new names for sports that already exist, ultra-gay tattoos, and how not to stalk someone.
9. Was advised by the Mister that we be nice to others for diplomatic reasons and I realised that it’s a very good thing he is there to balance out my innate evil.
10. Succeeded in smiling at a random stranger everyday for the past week. This morning, I smiled and gave the thumbs up to a guy going down the Bike Blvd opposite me on a unicycle. How could I not smile at something like that!