Seeking something inside the emulsion
I recently received a camera from a friend who found it at a flea market. He didn’t know how well it worked, but he bought it anyway and gave it to me. I changed out the seals and ran a couple rolls through to see how well it worked. It takes an outdated battery, so I took it out and just used it without a lightmeter. Luckily, the camera is full mechanical, so it doesn’t need a battery in order to make photos.
Oddly enough the first roll I finished was of colour film, which takes me forever to develop. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I quickly loaded up a roll of black and white and developed the roll a day or two after I finished it. My developing is pretty shoddy, but I managed to get a few photos out of it that I was pleased with.
So yes, thank you, friend for the new camera.
Since I only had one roll of from this film and my canister takes two 35mm rolls, I magically found another roll of the same film, exposed at the same speed, so I developed them together. Turns out these photos were a bit older, from February 2011. Really reminded me of how much I missed shooting film, how much I liked seeing how the photos turned out a few weeks (or months) later. Again, I was pretty happy with these photos, which really pleases me.
Obviously, now I think I have to start shooting more.